Monday, September 6, 2010

Trying to be supermum

Yesterday I was chatting with a colleague of mine, and she said to me that she challenged herself to do all the housework during the week, instead of on the weekend. YES, THAT'S RIGHT.... I think my world shifted a little when she said that.

My Saturday mornings consist of me, brainlessly exhausted from work, doggedly cleaning the playroom, kitchen, laundry, doing the sheets, wiping the benches, doing the dishes, cleaning the bathroom and the toilet....ALL ON SATURDAY. Of course this never works and makes me feel like I have failed and that makes me a cranky mummy. AND OF COURSE, when you write it down like it is above, it IS madness. I am mad. And unrealistic.

So, I am going to give it a go. This morning I got up at 6 (instead of 7....and I am still running late. Nice work me.) BUT I have folded about 6 loads of washing, washed 2, put dinner in the slow cooker, washed the dishes, cleaned up 3 accidents (thanks Ava) and now I NEED TO STOP BLOGGING CAUSE I AM RUNNING LATE!
Bye, Supermums.

No comments:

Post a Comment